I have been clean-eating for quite awhile and I feel that from time to time, you just got to treat yourself, give yourself 1-2 cheat meals once a week. Having tried my first yoga class today, followed by an hour cardio exercise, I think I deserve something nice tonight. So I decided to make rosemary lamb chops sided with quinoa for dinner.
Lamb Chop is definitely one of my favourite foods apart from beef (I try to have less red meat now that I have started clean-eating.) For those who doesn't eat lamb, don't worry, the quinoa recipe below is a must-try, it tastes so good and it is so easy to make. It would be a great lunch too. Trust me, you will fall in love with it just like I do! Plus, quinoa has so many health benefits. It contains complete proteins and it is filling that won't make you bloat. It's such a great alternative to rice.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
For the lamb chops
- 6 lamb chops
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/4 cup of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of quinoa
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
1. Marinate the lamb chops with olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. Leave the marinade on the lamb chops in the fridge for at least 1.5 hours or more.
2. Heat the non-sticky pan with olive oil. Once it is hot enough, cook the lamb chops with the pan. Cook each side for 3 minutes if you want them medium rare.
3. When the lamb chops are done, put them aside on thick paper towels to absorb the excess oil. On the non-sticky pan, add in the butter, white wine and chicken broth to the remaining marinade. Let the mixture sizzle for 3 minutes or so or it thickens a bit. This would serve the sauce for the lamb chops.
4. While you're cooking the lamb chops, you could cook the quinoa at the same time. To cook 1 cup of quinoa, you would need 2 cups of water. Cook the mixture together with a handful of salt to taste and some olive oil to make the quinoa more fluffy. Once it boils, turn to the lowest heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on. Then turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 more minutes.
5. Mix the cooked quinoa with salt and pepper, olive oil, fresh mint leaves, fresh parsley, sundried tomatoes and feta cheese.
6. Serve the lamb chops with the sauce and sided with quinoa.
Hope you like this recipe!
Leave a comment below and tell me what you think and tell me what is your favourite quinoa recipe! Enjoy :)