This is one of my go-to clean-eating recipes. It is so simple and easy, and most importantly, it's so delicious! Who says healthy food cannot be tasty?
There can be a lot of variations to this recipe. I normally like the combination of this sauce with chicken fillet and some rocket leaves. This the perfect dish in this hot humid weather in Hong Kong! I have also tried the sauce with toast, and it is equally delicious!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2-3 chicken breasts/fillets
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (you can also use the big tomatoes, but I find cherry tomatoes fresher and sweeter)
- 4-6 olives (I bought the preserved ones in a jar)
- 2-3 tbsp. of Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper for tasting
- 4-5 tiny cubes of goat cheese (feta cheese is another option, but goat cheese brings out the flavor of the sautéed!)
2. On the same pan, cook the garlic and let them sizzle for 30 seconds.
3. Add in the tomatoes with the garlic, cook them for about 1-2 minutes until they are softened and you can see the juices coming out. Then add in the olives and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Drizzle the sautéed with Balsamic Vinegar and cook all the ingredients together for 30 more seconds.
5. Place the sauce on to the chicken fillets and serve with goat cheese.
Enjoy your meal!
*Recipe adopted from Laura in the Kitchen